Saturday, May 8, 2010

Motherhood


I've been doing a lot of studying on being a Mother and what Gods calling is to us as mothers and I've been truly inspired to love my children with a passion that I've lost in the mist of busyness. I'm going to share what I've learned.

We are to be fruitful. While evangelism brings more worshipers into the church, childbearing brings more disciples into the home. I love this saying and it got me thinking that I want to be fruitful, fruitful like the vine in psalm 128:3, "Your wife shall be like a fruitful vine, within your house, Your children like olive plants around your table."

There are a lot of people with each child I have asking me if we are done yet. First I would like to say that I find this question intrusive but if you have to know, no we are not done until the Lord say we are done. Children these days are seen as a hindrance, an intrusion, an interruption,or a burden. Fruit is not seen in such a way. Planting a garden is hard work but it is good work. Raising Godly children is the same. I want to see that the way I view my children is shaped by scriptures and not by the world. Hard work when it is good work, is soul-satisfying and soul-prospering.

No matter how many children God blesses me with I want to rejoice in everyone and be fruitful in bringing them up. The church becomes barren when disobedient. Women today embrace barrenness as freedom. I once was a woman who couldn't wait to have "this baby" so I can be free. I hope that the Lord will give me another chance to grow in meekness by rejoicing in my pregnancies instead of complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment