Monday, May 24, 2010

Prayer

As a mother of 10 I really need to make it a priority to get up in the morning and spend time with the Lord. I'm not naturally a patient women in fact I have struggled with being "high strung" all my life so when I became a mom it was not natural for me to show patience. I want to become the woman God designed me for and I know its to have a meek and quiet spirit, so how do I strive for that? By diving into the word and seeking the one who made me. He knows me inside and out! So having alone time with him is going to help me to stay focused on what really matters and not what the world says matters.
Philippians 4:6 says, "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your request be made known unto God. And the peace of hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." I need this prayer time. I need peace in my heart, especially tonight when I look around and see all the things I did not accomplish today, but through prayer my eyes are opened and I see the things I did that mattered. Like teaching my 5 year old her vowels sound and finger painting apples on an apple tree, then hearing her say "I love dipping my fingers in the paint mommy."
"My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up." (Psalm 5:3). Do you? Do I? or do we only take time to shoot up flare request during each crisis that occurs during the day. How can I keep a record of God's answers to prayers in my life if i don't have a consistent time that I devote to the Lord.
Undisturbed time for prayer is the basis of my heart and mind being kept through Christ Jesus- truly a meek and quiet spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment